Thursday, August 12, 2010

My way - that's how I did it.

Boys night in

Howdy Folks,

     Mr Frank L. Fettle here. Time for another photo from my many photograph albums. It's a bit hazy now but this picture was taken sometime in the sixties. We were shooting some pool. Sammy Davis and I, against Frank and Dean. It was my turn at the table, and having had at least one brandy too many, I was feeling rather confident of clearing the table in one visit. So, as I bent down to take my shot, I jokingly said to Dean, 'And now, the end is here. And so you face the final curtain.' I'd potted the first ball so my confidence grew...'My friend, I'll say it clear'...and I'd pocketed another ball in the top corner pocket...'I've lived a life that's full'...and in went ball number three into the left middle....'But more, much more than this, I did it my way.' Unfortunately I missed the next ball, and all I could slur was, 'Regrets, I've had a few, but too few to mention'.  This picture was taken by Peter Lawford just as the other Frank said to Dean, 'Hey, don't you think that would make a great song?' The other Frank reckoned he could make a good song out of just about any old drunken ramblings.
  They were very happy night's in but out of all of us, I was the one who couldn't hold his liquor. Oh the hangovers. I just couldn't keep up with those boys so we gradually lost touch. I know my liver appreciated it but I often wonder what happened to my old friends.

Right folks, Princess Anne is on the telly. Must dash.

My regards to you all,

Frank
x

No comments:

Post a Comment