Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Roa

Howdy folks,
                   I've been a way for a while. The cat and the bird have been busy with various projects, that I'm sure I'll update you about when the time is right. And, as I've had such a busy year reclining on the chaise longue, drinking brandy, I also had a little summer holiday. Now I'm back, refreshed and ready to go. So, I thought I'd break my silence with a celebration of, quite possibly, my favourite street artist - Roa.
  I first encountered Roa's work when I went to an art suppliers in East London, and my love was instantaneous. We made a special effort to go back so I could photograph the amazing murals on walls around there, (which I featured in another blog post, which can be found HERE). At the time I had no idea who Roa was. I still have no idea who Roa is, but I know that his work is so recognisable as being his. I've since discovered more of that work and I'd like to share some of it with you. (All the pictures are clickable so you can see a larger version.)


Zaragoza



Finsbury Park



Chicago



Guanajuato, Mexico


 
Los Angeles


Turin

I love that he paints on walls all across the world so you never know when or where you might see one.

You can see loads more of Roa's work HERE and HERE

Hopefully you'll be lucky enough to see some for yourself on a wall near you!

That's all for now,

Frank
x

No comments:

Post a Comment